Want to optimize your WordPress website SEO to rank higher on search results?
WordPress is an SEO-friendly platform. However, to enhance its SEO capabilities and optimize your website for search engine ranking, you’ll need an SEO plugin.
Fortunately, there are several WordPress SEO plugins available in the market. However, you need to know the use cases of each plugin and use one for each functionality to avoid plugin conflict.
In this article, I will share the best WordPress SEO plugins that you should use and I recommend sticking to the end to know all the plugins and pick the most suitable ones for your website.
Ready to dive in? Let’s get started.
1. Rank Math – Best Free WordPress SEO Plugin
Rank Math is the latest SEO plugin in the market, and it is already attracting users by offering a lot of advanced SEO features for free. Once you install the plugins, it provides a user-friendly setup wizard that configures your website for search engine ranking with just a few clicks.
This SEO plugin is designed to support both global and local business websites. So, even if you run a local site, you can use its local SEO features to optimize your site for local search engine ranking.
It also gives you complete control as you can enable/disable modules as per your SEO needs. Besides, it can suggest other posts from your site for internal linking, which is crucial for on-page SEO.
- It offers integration with Google Search Console, which displays crucial information about your WordPress site.
- It provides multiple keyword variations of your focus keyword, which uncovers more chances of getting indexed on the web.
- It has a built-in smart redirection manager that enables you to create, manage or disable redirects in your site.
- It has the power to display SEO optimized breadcrumbs even if your theme doesn’t support schema.org
- It maintains your site’s speed as it is powered by a smooth, light-weighted code.
- It has a super-fast loading sitemap feature that can work with different post types.
2. Yoast SEO – Most Popular WordPress SEO Plugin
With over 5 million active installations, Yoast SEO is probably the most popular WordPress SEO plugin that empowers your site to meet all the SEO demands. It has both free and pro versions, but when compared, the premium version provides tons of extended functionalities that boost optimization.
It helps optimize your site’s URL, meta description, focus keyphrases, etc., and gives a preview of how your listings will look even on mobile devices. Also, you can prevent the risk of content duplication by setting up canonical URLs for your web page.
Yoast SEO supports both classic and block editors, making editing/publishing the posts on WordPress a cakewalk. The best part is that you can connect this plugin with Zapier and instantly share all published posts to your favorite spots.
- It helps in improving the readability of your content by denoting whether it’s good or needs improvement.
- It offers internal linking blocks that help in structuring your site easily.
- It provides a preview of how your content will be displayed on Google search results. Facebook feed and Twitter.
- It helps in boosting your content for synonyms and related keyphrases.
- It will send you key updates on updating your critical site pages so that you can stay updated on search results.
- It enables you to mark your links as no-follow or sponsored while you are writing.
3. All in one SEO – Easy to use SEO Plugin
As you can guess from its name, this WordPress SEO plugin is a complete one-stop solution as it offers local SEO, advanced SEO modules, smart sitemaps, rich snippets, etc., that places your site on top of the search results. The specialty is that it offers integration with Google AMP to deliver a rich mobile user experience.
It allows you to connect your WordPress site with different webmaster tools to skyrocket your SEO rankings. It also allows you to quickly switch from your existing plugin using the powerful settings migrator.
This fantastic SEO plugin makes your site sparkle by providing a complete SEO audit checklist to magnify your rankings. Even you can perform competitor analysis and find potential ways of enriching your site.
- It automatically generates a WordPress XML sitemap and regularly notifies the search engines if there is any update.
- It performs an in-depth content and readability analysis that is needed for complete optimization.
- It helps in optimizing your pages for unlimited SEO keywords.
- It has an SEO markup that helps in getting sitelinks for your brand.
- It includes a video sitemap generator which helps your site to rank on Google’s video carousel widget.
- It enables you to complete the instructions you provide to the web crawlers on your WordPress site.
4. SEOPress – Simple SEO Plugin
SEOPress is another powerful WordPress SEO plugin that provides unbounded features in making your site search-engine friendly. It offers a simple, easy-to-use wizard for easy installation and allows you to quickly modify the title tags and meta description for your posts, pages, etc.
It gives you the freedom to edit the canonical URLs on any page, post, or post type. It automatically sets up the title, description, caption, etc., for your images for powering up image optimization.
It lets you build custom XML sitemaps for improved rankings, add breadcrumbs for quick navigation, rewrite URLs for optimization, and manage 301 redirects. Whether it might be optimizing your local business listing, article, reviews, events, etc., it has got jam-packed tools that do everything for you.
- It helps in optimizing the product pages for WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads.
- It enables you to view the Google Analytics statistics on your WordPress dashboard.
- It offers good support to open graph and Twitter cards to boost social media sharing.
- It provides the top 10 suggestions powered by Google and is useful when you work on long-tail techniques.
- It helps monitor your backlinks and checks for negative SEO, which you can remove to combat search rankings.
5. Redirection – WordPress SEO Plugin to set Page Redirects
With this simple yet powerful plugin, you can create SEO-friendly redirects that do not hurt your search rankings. It lets you create redirects based on various conditions and keeps tracks of 404 error pages so that you can fix them immediately.
This SEO plugin is entirely free and has no premium version. If your WordPress site supports permalinks, then you become eligible to use this plugin to redirect any URL.
- It enables configurable logging, which allows you to view redirects on your site, including details about the visitor, browser used, etc.
- It enables you to create a log of redirection happening on your site for fixing problems.
- It lets you add HTTP headers to redirects or to the entire site, which readily improves security.
- It helps you to migrate your old permalink and supports multiple migrations.
6. Schema Pro – WordPress SEO Plugin to Add Rich Snippets
SchemaPro enriches your WordPress site by adding rich snippets that bring authenticity and high search ranking on Google. It offers a wide range of schema types to add to your website to outperform your competitors.
It offers a clear, minimalistic code that strictly follows the Google guidelines. You can also add extra fields and extend the markup with details to get better visibility.
- It lets you display reviews, ratings that help in boosting your click-through rates.
- It automatically applies all the markup configurations to the desired pages or posts.
- It is powered with JSON-LD, which facilitates incredible search visibility.
- It enables you to map the required fields with existing values or add custom values.
7. Broken Link Checker – WordPress SEO Plugin to find Broken links
Forget about losing potential traffic due to broken links. This effective WordPress SEO plugin will detect and fix all the broken links in your site, preserving your hard-earned traffic.
The broken links, if found, will be displayed on your WordPress admin panel, and you’ll also receive email notifications with all the broken links. In addition to this, you can also create custom new link filters by performing a search and clicking on the create a custom filter. This will let you stay organized and scrutinize the broken links deeply.
- It monitors both the internal and the external links in your posts, pages, comments, etc.
- It enables you to edit the links directly from the plugin’s page without the need to update each post manually.
- It can detect the links that don’t work, missing images, or redirects.
- It notifies you about the broken link detection via the dashboard or through email.
Choose the best WordPress SEO plugins
Search engines are one of the major sources of traffic to generate leads and sales for the business. And being a WordPress user, you have the advantage of ranking higher on search results using plugins and other tools.
The above-mentioned WordPress SEO plugins enable you to optimize your website pages and blogs by displaying the SEO scores for targeted keywords, adding internal links, and replacing the broken links.
Schema Pro enables you to add rich snippets on your website, which is crucial for eCommerce sites to display customer reviews, product price, category, and more on search results to improve click-through rate and ranking of product pages.
I hope this article helped you pick the best WordPress plugins for your website. If you run an eCommerce store on WordPress using WooCommerce, you may also want to check our guide on WooCommerce SEO.