If you already have an online store on Shopify and want to venture out with a brick-and-mortar store, Shopify POS would be the best point-of-sale system to use. It is a powerful POS that enables you to easily sell your products in-store and on the go, keeping the inventory and customer data in sync with your online store (if exists).
The Shopify POS has two pricing plans: Shopify POS Lite and Shopify POS Pro. Both are perfect for businesses of different sizes and requirements. So, choosing the right plan entirely depends on what you want to accomplish with it for your business.
To help you make an educated decision, I will walk you through the key difference between these plans.
Ready? Let’s get started.
Shopify POS Lite vs Pro
Shopify POS Lite is an entry-level plan that allows you to process in-person sales using your Shopify store’s inventory and is best suited for small businesses or businesses just starting out.
This plan has the following benefits –
- Inventory Management: Allows businesses to easily track and manage inventory levels, making it easy to know when to restock products.
- Sales Reporting: Provides detailed reporting on sales, including total sales, top-selling products, and customer information.
- Customer Management: Allows businesses to easily track customer information, including contact information, purchase history, and customer notes.
- Mobile and Tablet Compatibility: Allows businesses to process payments, print receipts, and track sales from their mobile device or tablet, making it easy to sell products on the go.
- Free Card Reader: You get a free Shopify card reader for accepting credit card payments.
On the other hand, Shopify POS Pro is the advanced plan best suited for larger businesses or businesses with multiple locations. This plan is available only for the Shopify Plus store and it includes all of the features of the Lite plan as well as the following additional benefits –
- Inventory Management Across Multiple Locations: Allows businesses with multiple locations to easily manage inventory levels across all locations, making it easy to know when to restock products.
- Employee Management: Allows businesses to easily track employee information, including contact information, work schedule, and sales performance.
- Advanced Reporting: Provides advanced reporting capabilities, including detailed sales reports and inventory reports.
- Custom Tax Rates: Allows businesses to set custom tax rates for different products or locations.
- Print Shipping Labels: Allows businesses to easily print shipping labels for products, making it easy to ship products to customers.
- Access to Shopify App Store: Allows businesses to access the Shopify App Store and add additional functionality to their store, such as email marketing or customer loyalty programs.
In summary, Shopify POS Lite is an excellent option for small businesses or businesses just starting out that need essential features to run their retail store. Whereas, the Shopify POS Pro plan is ideal for larger companies with multiple locations needing advanced features to manage inventory and employees.