Shopify is one of the best eCommerce site builders that allows you to build and customize your website pages as per your requirement.
However, creating custom pages can be difficult if you are not a developer. This is where you can use drag-and-drop page builder apps. It enables you to design pages without writing a single line of code.
One such page builder for Shopify stores is GemPages. It is one of the most popular Shopify apps, but do you need it? Is it worth your investment?
Going ahead, we will dive deep into its features, pricing, pros & cons to help you determine if it has what you need for your store.
What is GemPages?
GemPages is a drag-and-drop page builder for Shopify stores. It lets you create visually stunning and optimized pages of all types and purposes.
It is packed with tons of design elements, blocks, templates, sales boosters, and integrations. It is compatible with any Shopify theme and provides access to 50+ templates & 100+ block elements within a couple of mouse clicks.
GemPages also uses a high-speed CDN to cache content quickly and serve it to your customers across the globe. So no matter how many incoming requests you get, your site will be scalable and responsive.
If you want to explore GemPages while reading this review, you can use the button below to sign up and get a 30-day extended free trial (no credit card required).
GemPages Review – Features
In this section, I will breakdown the following key features of GemPage –
- Page Builder
- Design and customization
- Elements library
- A/B Testing
If you are ready, let’s get started.
1. Page Builder
GemPages has an intuitive drag-and-drop builder that allows easy and quick customization of pages. You can edit hero banners, images, text blocks, icons, etc., and add a new section/template to improve the functionality further.
It enables you to build responsive pages separately for mobile, desktop, laptop, and tablet. You can start designing from the desktop view, as the changes made to the desktop design will be applied to all four views, saving your time.
Moreover, with its base element (row), you can create different sections. It will automatically adjust itself and the nest elements to any device type. Once you hit publish, all the changes will go live on your site.
Overall, GemPages has a robust drag-and-drop page builder that eliminates complexity in designing pages. All you have to do is choose a template, add necessary elements, and make it ready to garner conversions.
2. Design & customization
As mentioned above, GemPages has a robust page builder, which gives you complete control over the design and customization of your store pages. With GemPages, you can easily create different types of pages which are as follows –
- Landing Pages – Design high-converting landing pages for your Shopify store.
- HomePages – Grab the first impression of your visitors by designing attractive homepages.
- Product Pages – Create a frictionless product page optimized for high conversions.
- Collection Pages – List your products within the collection to help customers find what they want.
- Blog Posts – Establish your brand authority by designing incredible blog posts.
- Sub Pages – About us, Coming soon, FAQ, etc., to make customers understand more about your brand.
To start creating pages, you need to first select the page type from the left sidebar and then you can either choose one of its stunning page templates or start from scratch as shown below –
Before picking a template, you can click on the “Preview” to see how appealing and responsive it is. This gives you a better idea to determine if a template is perfect for your brand or just start from scratch.
Altogether GemPages lets you build optimized pages with next-level design and customization features. You can kickstart your store’s campaigns by creating unlimited pages using its core features.
3. The Library
We’ve been talking about how GemPages enables you to design high-converting pages. This is possible because of its extensive library where you can find all the essential page elements, blocks, and templates to add to your pages.
You can find the Library on the top bar of the page editor, next to the page information. Click the “Library” button to find the following tabs –
It contains all page elements from original to 3rd-party app elements. You can browse through all elements, choose the ones you want to use, and click “Add element” to add to the page. You can also uninstall or remove elements in a similar way.
Here are the types of page elements you will find –
- Ecommerce – Using this you can optimize your online store by displaying selected products, featured products, eye-catchy banners, specific variants, swatches, cart button, countdown timers, etc., and drive customers to a particular product page.
- Design Tools – Give customers the feeling of flexible navigation by designing clutter-free tabs, sliders, accordions, and adding images, buttons, icon lists, separators, etc., to display content in a well-organized manner.
- Marketing – Retain existing customers and acquire new ones by crafting engaging newsletters, contact forms, timers, pop-ups, etc. and amplify your brand exposure by embedding YouTube videos.
- Social – Drive high social traffic by allowing customers to like your Facebook posts, embedding social share buttons, Youtube, and Vimeo videos.
- Third-party Apps – You can add elements to your pages from other popular Shopify apps such as Ali Reviews, Growave, PickyStory, Judge.me, Loox, Klaviyo, Upsell & Cross-Sell, Stamped.io, and other product review apps.
Blocks & Templates –
These two sections contain pre-design page blocks and templates that you can directly add to your page and edit as per your need – you don’t have to design everything from scratch.
Blocks are the pre-designed section of a page such as FAQ, Product Grid, Coming soon, Testimonials, Footer, Bundles, Categories, Information statements, Social Proof, Blog style, etc.
While templates are the pre-designed pages of different types that you can use to replace the existing template. This makes it super easy to change design templates instead of creating a new page and selecting a template at the beginning.
My Library –
Since GemPages allows you to create and save your own templates and blocks for re-use on other pages, the My Library tab is where you will find them.
Overall, the GemPages Library is one of the best things it has to offer for designers and developers. It saves you a lot of time by providing every element in one place and making it accessible with a single click, rather than making you go to and fro to a different section to find shortcodes of each element.
4. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
GemPages offers a good range of SEO capabilities to help your pages rank higher on search result pages. To access the SEO settings, navigate to the three dots on the right side of the Publish button and click it. Choose Page Settings, and you’ll be able to optimize your pages for high organic visibility.
You can edit the page title, view how it appears on the search results, add meta descriptions, and upload the image for social sharing. It also lets you configure your H1, H2 tags and create alt text for your pictures and hero banner.
Apart from these factors, another critical aspect for high ranking is page loading speed, and to help you with this, GemPages allows you to enable lazy load from the “Advance” options.
5. A/B Testing
A/B testing is one of the best methods to remove the guesswork and optimize page conversions via a data-backed approach. GemPages makes this happen by letting you run A/B testing campaigns.
To begin with, navigate to your dashboard and select A/B testing. Click on ‘Create a New Campaign,’ enter your campaign title, and click Next.
Select your original & variation pages and click on Create. Once everything is set, you can click on ‘Start campaign’ to begin the test.
GemPages enables you to configure your test URL, test duration, traffic percentage, action, and campaign status. And, you will have to connect GemPages with Google Analytics to collect the campaign data.
A point to note is that this feature is available only for Business and Advanced plan users. The Business plan allows you to run only two campaigns, while the Advanced plan users can run up to 20 campaigns per store simultaneously.
Gempages Review: 3rd-Party Integrations
GemPages offers integrations in different categories like conversion, store design, marketing, reviews, and merchandising. It integrates with 3rd party Shopify apps that help in boosting sales.
Here are some of the popular Shopify apps supported by GemPages Integrations –
- Conversions – Growave, ReCharge Subscriptions, Ultimate Sales boost, Widebundle, PickyStory, Bold Product Options, Frequently Bought together, etc.
- Store Design – Weglot, Cart Drawer, Ecomsolid, smart & instant search, and integrating apps with the liquid element.
- Marketing – Klaviyo, Facebook Pixel, Omnisend, Tobi, Firepush, Instafeed, Wiser, etc.
- Reviews – Ali Reviews, Judge.me reviews, Loox, Yotpo, Rivyo, Opinew, Stamped.io, and much more.
- Merchandising – With this option, you can utilize the liquid element to integrate third-party merchandising apps into your pages.
GemPages Review: Customer Support
GemPages offers excellent customer service by promptly resolving all the issues to its users. You can reach out to the team via the app dashboard, email, and live chat, which is available in the bottom right of Gempages dashboard, website, and the help center.
If you need tips, tricks, and user guides related to customization or design, GemPages has tons of resources in its help center and youtube channel. It also has video tutorials that give you a visual understanding of how to build optimized store pages.
You can also connect with online sellers through the GemPages community to get frequent product updates or interact with other business owners. Moreover, if you want to report a bug or request a new feature, you can send your feedback which will help them make GemPages better for you
GemPages Review: Pricing Plans
GemPages offers a 10-day free trial and 3 major pricing plans designed to optimize conversions. Let’s have a look at them:
- Starter Plan – $15/month – Unlimited Pages, 2 page types, 30+ integrations, 65+ elements, 40+ basic templates, email support etc.
- Business Plan – $29/month – All page types, 10+ Pro templates, advanced page settings, A/B testing (2 campaigns), live chat support, etc.
- Advanced Plan – $47.2/month – A/B testing (20 campaigns), page scheduling, and priority support.
All these plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The Starter plan will readily suit you if you want to get started with landing pages and homepages. If you wish to build different types of pages which are well optimized, then you can go with the Business plan and the Advanced plan.
GemPages Review – Pros and Cons
Now that you know what GemPages offers as a Shopify page builder app let me throw some light on where it shines and lacks.
Pros of GemPages –
- Beginner-friendly drag-and-drop builder
- Massive collection of conversion boosting elements
- Templates and blocks can be saved to reuse or export to other stores
- Access to custom code editor for advanced functionality
- Automatic image compression for faster loading
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Cons of GemPages –
- In-built tracking and analytic reporting feature could be helpful
- A/B testing is not available in the basic plan
Final Verdict – Is GemPages the best Shopify Page Builder App?
GemPages is one of the most versatile Shopify page builder apps that enables even non-tech users to easily create optimized pages. It enables you to create pixel-perfect designs by accessing tons of elements and blocks that convert first-time visitors into potential customers.
Bottom line, if you’re looking for super-easy, intuitive, and sale-optimized elements to create conversion-friendly Pages on your Shopify store, GemPages would be a perfect choice. With this no-code drag-and-drop builder, you can design stunning pages that smartly communicate with your customers.
I hope this GemPages review gave you an overview of what GemPages is and everything it has to offer. If you’ve made up your mind to try GemPages, you can use the button below to get a 30-day extended free trial instead of a 10-day trial (Pre-applied coupon & no credit card required).
GemPages – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is GemPages Free?
GemPages doesn’t have a free plan. But you can use our sign-up link for the 30-day extended free trial to explore all the features it offers.
How to install GemPages?
Installing GemPages on the Shopify store is just a matter of a few clicks. You just have to head over to the official GemPages website, enter your Shopify store URL and click on “Get Started for Free.” to install and get a 10-day free trial.
Which Shopify theme does GemPages support?
GemPages is compatible with all Shopify themes. You can easily switch between themes as the Gemeditor can work well with any selected theme.
How many pages can you create with GemPages?
You can create unlimited pages with GemPages. However, with its Starter plan, you can create any two types of pages out of the 6 different types of pages – landing pages, homepages, product pages, collection pages, blog posts, and sub-pages like FAQ, About us, Coming soon, etc.