Are you looking for the best WordPress themes for selling ebooks?
WordPress is an amazing platform to build a website and using its plugins, you can sell anything on your website.
If you are selling only one ebook on your existing site, you may not need to focus much on choosing a WordPress theme specifically designed for ebooks.
Instead, you can create a landing page using one of the WordPress page builder plugins and add a payment method to sell and deliver the ebook to the downloaders’ email address.
But if you want to create a digital library of your ebooks, you need a specific theme that supports eCommerce plugins like WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) and most importantly, a good theme allows you to showcase your ebooks in a visually appealing manner.
So, in this article, we will show some of the best WordPress themes that you can use to sell eBooks.
Ready? Let’s get started.
1. Astra – Most lightweight WordPress theme
Astra is the most lightweight and design customization flexible WordPress theme. It is specifically designed for the page builders, allowing you to customize every element of your site without writing even a piece of code.
Astra theme is fully compatible with WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads plugins that allow you to sell ebooks easily. It even comes with built-in templates for each page builder and eCommerce plugins to set up your bookstore in just a few clicks.
Design Features –
- Astra is fully focused on optimizing your site performance so it loads even faster, as it is the most lightweight theme.
- It allows you to customize your website easily for mobile by adding different menu styles, your brand logo, header breakpoints, etc.
- It also offers various inbuilt header and footer options which can be increased with the help of Astra pro add ons.
- If you want to display the prime content of your website to differentiate from other parts, you can use the boxed layout feature.
- Astra provides tons of google fonts so that you can choose the best ones that highly match your site appearance.
- You can also change the colors/background of your primary header, sticky header, blogs/archive, sidebar, etc.
- Astra provides a stunning layout for your blogs like grid, list, masonry layouts.
- It offers integrations with LifterLMS, LearnDash and has inbuilt schema markup that helps to boost your site on Google.
2. Divi – Most popular WordPress theme
Divi is the best WordPress theme when it comes to designing and visual editing capability. Divi theme comes with one of the powerful WordPress page builders, Divi Builder that allows you to create stunning landing pages for your ebooks and connect it with WooCommerce plugins to receive payment easily.
Divi theme comes with Monarch, a social media plugin, and Bloom, an email opt-in plugin; a complete package of powerful WordPress plugins you need to create, promote, and sell ebooks.
Design Features –
- Divi allows you to perform bulk editing with which you can save more time.
- It offers a complete package of different layouts that you can instantly add to your site.
- You can easily drag and drop the elements within no time, as it does not require any coding.
- Divi also provides you with more options so that you can design attractive websites for mobile devices.
- You can save, re-use your designs, and also lets you create an organized workflow.
- Divi allows you to go through your entire editing history so that you can keep track of all the changes you’ve made.
- Divi allows you to build your contact lists, as it provides you with an email opt-in module.
3. Books – WordPress theme to build book store
As the name suggests, Books is a perfectly designed WordPress theme that allows you to sell your books online effectively. It offers excellent support with eCommerce so that you can rapidly start setting up your book store.
The Books theme offers a distinctive interface for both the owners and your visitors. It is integrated with Elementor so that you can instantly edit your pages on the go. It also offers AdSense optimized layouts which help you in monetization.
It is highly optimized for SEO and it has flexible scheme integrations that help your website to get indexed at Google Search easily.
- The theme is optimized for mobile devices and it offers two types of predefined header layouts with which you can customize your themes.
- Books offer six attractive homepage sections where you can add more information and two stunning blog layouts for crafting your blog posts.
- It is WooCommerce ready and you can build an amazing online store for your books.
- It offers more drag and drops facilities and you can craft your website with a neat and structured code.
- You can quickly change your settings with the help of the options panel which comes with advanced settings to manage your actions at a faster rate.
- You can get access to more typography options and includes all Google fonts so that you can design your content attractively to make it visually eye-grabbing.
4. Hestia Pro – Stylish one-page WordPress theme
Hestia Pro is one of the most popular WordPress themes developed by Themeisle. It is a one-page theme perfect for selling ebooks. It is perfectly compatible with WooCommerce allowing you to build a user-friendly online store for your ebooks.
It comes with an SEO-ready structure and clean source code which also ensures the visibility of your site on search result pages.
Design Features –
- Hestia Pro offers an ample number of theme categories for you to build an amazing website and it allows you to instantly import ready-made starter sites too.
- It allows you to add two important sections to your website, one is the portfolio section where you can display whatever you need and the second one is the pricing section where you can exhibit your pricing plans.
- Instead of placing a single image on your header, Hestia pro allows you to add a video or a slider so that it gives a dynamic feel for your visitors.
- It offers advanced blog options namely author and subscribes and you can completely customize your homepage using different options available in the theme settings.
5. Digital Pro – Perfect WordPress theme for digital products
Digital Pro is a theme developed on top of the Genesis framework, a robust open-source WordPress design module.
Digital Pro is designed specifically for digital products like ebooks. It is pre-styled for WooCommerce which means you don’t have to make much changes to WooCommerce pages to create your online store.
You just have to upload your ebook details and set up a payment system to start selling ebooks.
Design Features –
- It offers a beautiful set of themes with which you can instantly customize your website to get published.
- This theme is highly suitable for e-Commerce, and it is compatible for WooCommerce so that you can readily establish your store with just a few clicks.
- You can use the theme customizer option which allows you to modify the theme’s settings and it gives you a preview of how your theme shall appear for your audience.
- Digital Pro offers 3 widget areas so that you design and customize as per your brand’s convenience.
- This theme is 100% mobile responsive so that your website will be ideally optimized for high speed.
- You can customize your header by uploading your brand logo and it also supports text-based logos for beginners.
6. Neve – Popular Mobile first WordPress theme
Neve is another powerful multipurpose WordPress theme offered by Themeisle. It comes with a lot of custom layouts for header, footer, blog, etc allowing you to try different designs for the site.
Its seamless integration with WooCommerce and page builders like Elementor enables you to create custom loading pages and generate more sales and revenue from the site.
Design Features –
- With the help of Neve’s drag and drop components, you can customize and modify the header and footer of your site.
- It loads very quickly on mobile devices which increases your site’s reliability and performance.
- It offers integration with all types of page builders like Elementor, Divi Builder, etc so that you can edit and design your content on the go.
- Neve’s starter site library allows you to import ready-made websites and fresh designs are added to the collections every month.
7. Cognio – Best WordPress theme for publishers
Cognio is a WordPress theme specially designed for writers, journalists, and scientists to publish or promote their books online.
The theme is highly optimized to convert visitors into buyers by providing a responsive user experience across devices and design flexibility to the developers.
Cognio theme is exclusively built for e-Commerce sites and it is highly compatible with Easy Digital Downloads and WooCommerce plugin which paves your way to sell digital products easily.
Design Features –
- It offers excellent support for both mobile and desktop so that your pages are optimized for Google Search.
- It allows you to quickly customize your HTML and CSS files with the support of Gulp and SASS.
- You can quickly change the color of your scheme and it enables you to add various sections for your website.
- It offers a WP Plugin so that you can showcase your followers/subscribers count on social media.
- Cognio permits only to use of google fonts and it offers a team plugin with which you can exhibit your teammate’s profiles with descriptions and links.
- It offers an HTML5 code so that you can design your website effectively to appear on google search.
8. Author Pro – Best WordPress theme for Authors
Author Pro is another popular WordPress theme by Studiopress designed specifically for authors to build an online library to showcase and sell their books and ebooks.
The theme is pre-styled for popular eCommerce plugins, WooCommerce & BigCommerce allowing you to easily set up your online library to sell ebooks.
Design Features –
- It comes with the Genesis Author plugin that lets you display your book details on pages and archive pages beautifully.
- This is an open-source theme that is pre-styled for both WooCommerce and BigCommerce which helps you to instantly build your online store.
- This theme provides you with 5 homepage widget areas so that you edit and tweak as per your brand’s convenience.
- Author Pro is packed with mobile responsive design, which loads at a high speed and you can modify your header by placing your brand’s logo and text-based logos are also supported.
Choose the best WordPress theme to sell eBooks
Choosing the right WordPress theme is very important to scale up your online eCommerce businesses. The theme which you choose has to be compatible and must offer flexible integrations with other platforms so that you can increase your chances of getting more customers.
With the help of these wonderful WordPress themes, start selling/promoting your ebooks, and definitely, you would land up in having more and more downloads.
Since you are creating an online store on WordPress, here are few hand-picked articles that you should check out –