Imagine visitors from anywhere across the world land at your Shopify store to purchase your products, but unfortunately, they cannot understand your store’s default language.
As a result, they will leave your store and look up to other better solutions, which eventually shrinks your store conversion rates. This is where you need to consider using a Shopify translation app to make your site multilingual and accessible to people from different regions of the world.
It is not like you need a translation app only if you are targeting an international audience. In countries like India, there are people from different states speaking different languages. In order to cater to such a vibrant audience in their local language, you need a powerful translation app for your Shopify store.
And to assist you in this, I have reviewed the top 5 Shopify translation apps so that you can make your decision quickly.
Ready to dive in? Let’s get started.
1. Weglot – Best Shopify Translation App
Weglot is the best website translation app for businesses of any size and niche. And when it comes to Shopify store translation, I always recommend Weglot.
Weglot enables you to translate the entire store into 100+ languages and provides an editor tool that allows you to translate content in any language right from the dashboard quickly.
Weglot creates dedicated URLs from each page for each language, and all are SEO optimized, allowing your store to get indexed by Google in different languages in different regions. Weglot follows Google multilingual SEO best practices, so you don’t have to worry about any penalty or traffic loss.
- Weglot automatically redirects visitors to their preferred language pages.
- It also translates the checkout process and email notifications, which are very rare among translation apps.
- A customizable language switcher button is available and ideally compatible with every Shopify theme.
Plans & Pricing: It is free only up to 2000 translated words in one language. The Starter plan starts at €9.90/month, which allows 10,000 translatable words in one language.
Langify provides a rich shopping experience by translating your Shopify store into multiple languages, thereby attracting potential customers worldwide. One of its unique features is that it offers extensive support for all languages, including the RTL.
The set-up process of this translation app may take some time for beginners or average users as it does not translate the content. It manages only pre-translated content and the rest you need to do by yourself.
You can also create a customizable language switcher that allows your customers to change to their preferred language quickly. Also, Langify does not restrict the number of languages to be translated which is much needed for expanding your Shopify store.
- Langify lets you import/export your translations in widely used formats like CSV, JSON, etc.
- It also readily optimizes meta tags for translated languages, which helps you rank on Google searches.
- You can host your translated store in multiple domains, and once the translation is complete, your Shopify store can be launched quickly without much hassle.
- It is not possible to translate products on the checkout page and in the notification bars. It will be visible only in your Shopify store’s default language.
Plans & Pricing: It offers a 7-day free trial, and the upgrade plan starts at $17.50/month.
Translation lab is the highest rated Shopify app that offers translations in multiple languages and significantly amplifies your store sales. It works very well with Shopify’s multi-language feature, so there is no extra burden to add complex codes or run technical operations.
It offers a simple yet powerful interface that provides absolute control of each and every translatable resource in your Shopify store so that you can maintain all the operations in a hassle-free manner.
- It can translate content in any section of your Shopify store like product pages, checkouts, blogs, meta fields, emails, SMS, etc.
- It provides AI-powered translations that enrich customer experience from different regions of the world.
- You can also place a customizable language switcher at your Shopify store and distinct URLs available for each translated page to get noticed quickly.
- It allows you to perform bulk translations and offers powerful SEO features that make your online Shopify store gain more traction by indexing your site in the translated languages.
Plans & Pricing: It offers a free plan which allows up to 2000 words, and the pro plan starts at $9.99, which allows up to 50,000 words.
Langshop is one of the flexible apps that helps your Shopify store expansion into the multilingual market by allowing you to translate your online store into 241 languages.
Langshop lets you add currency switcher buttons on your Shopify store, allowing your customers to select their preferred currency type, which will be helpful during the checkout process.
- Langshop can translate all types of content in your store, including products, checkout pages, themes, blogs, articles, etc.
- It can detect and show the customer’s preferred language when they visit your Shopify store for the first time, which is an added advantage to offer a unique shopping experience.
- It follows Google’s best multilingual practices to optimize your Shopify store and create a separate URL for each translated language.
- There is no restriction for the number of characters translated, whatever might be the language you opt for.
- You can also add both language and currency switcher buttons to make your customers.
Plans & Pricing: It offers a 14-day free trial, after which you can choose the unlimited plan starting at $34/month.
GTranslate is one of the most recommended apps as it uses Google’s automatic translation service to translate your Shopify store into 103 languages. As soon as the translation is complete, it is available for worldwide access by your customers.
It lets your customers choose their native language by offering different style types: dropdown, flags with dropdown, flags, flags with language names, etc.
One of the unique features of GTranslate is that it can translate your store URLs to different languages, which is a key factor in multilingual SEO practices.
- It offers integration with Google Analytics, which helps in giving insightful reports of your Shopify store.
- You can manually correct translations and also enable a sub-domain for each of your translated languages.
- There is no need to worry about creating backups as all the updates are maintained in the cloud system.
- Navigation can be made easy as it offers an in-context editor where you can make changes without interrupting the content flow.
- It also lets you boost your Shopify store’s traffic and revenue as you can create conversion-friendly URLs to get ranked easily on search engines.
Plans & Pricing: It offers a free plan with limited features, and you can choose the custom plan that starts at $7.99/month.
Creating a multilingual eCommerce store allows you to reach and serve a wider range of audiences. And it keeps you a step ahead of competitors and big enterprises like Amazon, Flipkart, etc.
So, I hope this article helped you pick the best translation app for your Shopify store. If you are looking for more apps to add to your Shopify store to improve conversion rate, here are a few hand-picked articles for you –