In today’s globalized eCommerce landscape, reaching new audiences with your WooCommerce store isn’t just a possibility, it’s a strategic decision to uplift your customer base and grow sales.
An eCommerce store available in multiple languages not only attracts audiences from different regions but also increases the search engine presence and gives more exposure to new customers.
If you are a WooCommerce user, you have access to plenty of translation plugins to make your site multilingual. These plugins will automatically translate your store pages into multiple languages and allow users to change the languages per their preferences.
So, whether you are also looking to expand your WooCommerce store to other countries with different linguistic backgrounds or enhance the user experience for existing ones, in this article, we will show you some of the best WooCommerce translation plugins you can consider for your online store.
What to look for in a WooCommerce Translation Plugin?
There are a ton of WordPress translation plugins with direct support for WooCommerce stores. However, here are some key factors to consider when looking for a WooCommerce translation plugin –
- Language Support: Ensure that the plugin supports the languages you need for your target audience. Some plugins may have a limited set of languages, while others offer a more extensive range.
- Ease of Use: Look for a plugin that is user-friendly and easy to set up. A simple and intuitive interface will save you time and effort when managing translations.
- Translation Method: Check the translation method used by the plugin. Some plugins use automatic machine translation, while others rely on human translators or a combination of both. Consider your preference for accuracy and quality.
- Translation Quality: If your budget allows, opt for a plugin that offers high-quality translations. Automatic translations may not always capture nuances accurately, so plugins that integrate with professional translation services can be a good choice.
- Customization Options: Evaluate the customization options the plugin offers. You may want to tweak translations manually or customize certain aspects of the translated content to better suit your brand and target audience.
- Multilingual SEO: Look for a translation plugin that supports multilingual SEO. This ensures that your translated content is optimized for search engines in each language, helping your website rank well in different regions.
- Performance: Consider the impact of the plugin on your website’s performance. Some translation plugins may slow down your site, so choose one that is optimized for speed and efficiency.
- Cost: Consider the pricing model of the translation plugin. Some plugins have a one-time purchase fee, while others operate on a subscription basis. Factor in your budget and choose a solution that offers good value for the features you need.
By carefully considering these factors, you can find a WooCommerce translation plugin that aligns with your business goals and provides a positive multilingual experience for your customers.
Top 8 WooCommerce Multilingual Plugins
Now, based on the above-listed factors, we reviewed some of the best WooCommerce translation plugins and ranked them based on ease of use, pricing, and other factors.
So, if you are ready, let’s get started.
Weglot is one of the best WooCommerce multilingual plugins for any level of business. Whether you’re a scaling ecommerce store operating in multiple regions or a beginner catering to a few different languages, Weglot could be an ideal choice. Its user-friendly interface lets you translate your products, pages, and checkout pages in multiple languages without any coding or manual effort. It uses machine translation to translate your entire eCommerce store.
Weglot stands out due to its simplest installation, setup, and translation. Just enter your API key, select the language you want to translate your content into, and relax. It will automatically detect your store’s content and translate it accurately. In case you need more accuracy, there’s also a translation editing feature that lets you translate your content manually.
It also creates a dedicated URL for the translated page in every supported languages so you can separately perform the SEO for optimal rankings. On top of that, it comes with a super-easy dashboard that offers features like translation rules, credit usage tracking, page views, and much more.
Overall, Weglot is not just a translation plugin, it is a complete solution for you to create a multilingual WooCommerce site with a super easy-to-use user interface. It is perfect for business of every scale – small to enterprises.
Key features –
- Translates your entire website instantly using AI translation saving tons of hours
- Dedicated URLs for translated pages for easy search optimization
- Visually review and edit translations to see how the content would look on the live site
- Maximum compatibility with WordPress themes and plugins
- Professional human translation services for accuracy and cultural nuance
- Separate dashboard for translation & glossary management to manage your translations from a single window
Pricing plans – Weglot has a forever free plan that translates up to 2000 words in a single language. The paid plans start at $17/month and go up to $769/month based on the number of words translated and languages. You will get a 10-day free trial on all the plans.
If you’re looking for a WooCommerce translation plugin that gives a premium look and feel and offers a significant number of features for free, ConveyThis can be a great choice. It embraces a cloud-based approach, harnessing the efficiency of automatic translation while empowering you with tools to refine and manage multilingual content with ease.
It integrates into your WooCommerce store without any friction and offers a user-friendly interface to translate product descriptions, categories, checkout pages, etc. Along with the web page translation, this plugin lets you convert your media files, PDFs, and links into other languages. This comprehensive range ensures that your visitors get a perfect experience despite the region they come from.
The translation process unfolds elegantly in the cloud, minimizing the impact on your website’s performance and ensuring smooth translation delivery. ConveyThis supports over 100 languages, effectively expanding your store’s reach to diverse markets.
Despite the automation, ConveyThis empowers you to review and refine machine-translated content to maintain accuracy and cultural sensitivity. You can also create custom glossaries to maintain consistency in terminology and even collaborate with professional translators directly within the plugin for specialized translation needs.
Key features –
- Fast and accurate automatic machine translation
- Offers human translation services for those who require more accurate translations
- Support for right-to-left (RTL) languages like Hebrew and Arabic
- Edit the translation visually to see how it will look in reality
- Allows collaboration with other team members on your translations
- Provides analytics data to track the performance of your translations
- Create and manage a glossary of terms to ensure consistency in your translations
Pricing plans – ConveryThis has a free plan that allows translation of up to 2,500 words in 1 language. The paid plans are designed for businesses of all sizes based on the number of translated words and supported languages, starting at just $14.99/month.
Translate WordPress with GTranslate offers a distinct approach to website translation. It leverages the power of Google Translate to deliver a quick multilingual website. It stands out for its ease of use and instant translation functionality, enabling you to make your WooCommerce store accessible in 103 languages with minimal setup.
With GTranslate, you can translate your website within minutes. Just install the plugin, enable the translation widget, select the languages and you’ll be good to go. It is super-helpful for new beginners who don’t want any complex settings or configurations to translate their WooCommerce store.
While this WooCommerce translation plugin primarily relies on automatic translation, it also offers options for manual translation and professional translation services, enabling you to refine translations for enhanced accuracy and cultural appropriateness when desired. This flexibility allows you to balance translation speed with quality control to suit your specific needs.
Key features –
- Automatically switch currencies based on the chosen language for seamless cross-border transactions
- Translate shop pages, including product listings, carts, and checkouts for seamless shopping
- Google’s automatic machine translation for quick results as well as manual translation for accuracy
- Manage, edit, and delete all your translations from a single dashboard
- Responsive design ensures a uniform experience on all screen sizes
- Search engine indexing for translated pages to increase traffic from other countries
- Machine as well as neural translation for better user experience
Pricing plans – GTranslate has a free plan that allows unlimited translation but with limited SEO and editing features. The paid plan starts at $9.99/month and goes up tp $39.99/month based on features accessibility.
TranslatePress is a captivating option if you’re seeking a visual and intuitive approach to WooCommerce translation. Its defining feature is the front-end translation interface that lets you directly translate elements on your live website simply by clicking on them. This visual approach makes the translation process feel natural and effortless, even if you don’t have much hands-on translation experience.
TranslatePress embraces both manual and automatic translation methods, providing flexibility to suit your needs. It effortlessly translates all aspects of your WooCommerce store, including product pages, checkout forms, and email notifications, ensuring a cohesive multilingual experience for your customers.
To speed up the translation process, this WooCommerce multilingual plugin offers integration with automatic translation services like Google Translate and DeepL. However, it also prioritizes accuracy by allowing you to manually tweak these automatic translations so your content doesn’t lose the original meaning and context.
Key features –
- User-friendly interface that translates your web content directly
- Google translation and DeepL integration for enabling automatic translation
- Support for translating meta content as well as multilingual sitemap for enhanced SEO
- Support for a massive 221 languages and unlimited languages can be added
- Image, slider, and other media translation for a complete native experience
- Instant previews to watch translations update in real time as you type
Pricing plans – TranslatePress has 3 paid plans, starting at just €7.99/month and going up to €22.99/ month based on the number of sites and access to advanced features.
Polylang is an easy-to-use WordPress translation plugin that comes with a dedicated WooCommerce plugin to create a multilingual eCommerce website in a few clicks. It empowers you to translate product pages, categories, tags, and attributes, ensuring your customers can navigate your store and make purchases in their preferred languages.
Polylang for WooCommerce prioritizes simplicity and efficiency. It refrains from overwhelming users with excessive features, focusing instead on delivering core translation functionalities smoothly. This WooCommerce translation plugin effortlessly allows users to toggle between languages and supports SEO best practices to ensure your translated content is discoverable in search engines across multiple languages.
This plugin is compatible with other helpful WooCommerce plugins like WooCommerce Subscriptions, Product Bundles, WooCommerce Bookings, Table Rate shipping, and more, providing an out-and-out native experience to your customers.
Key features –
- URL slug translation easy SEO optimization and better identification
- Maximum compatibility with WooCommerce and other eComm-specific plugins
- Email delivery in the native language of the recipients to increase CTR and clicks
- One-click product and translation duplication to boost purchases in other regions
- Easily synchronize common product data like categories, tags, stock, prices, etc. across translations
Pricing plans – Polylang for WooCommerce costs €99.00/year while the other one the Polylang Business Pack costs €139/year.
WPML or WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency is another reliable WordPress translation plugin compatible with WooCommerce. It offers both multilingual and multicurrency translation, allowing your customers to browse and pay in their local language and currency.
Though its multicurrency features are always ready to use, you need to install WPML to use the multilingual features. This plugin lets you translate not just posts or product pages but even tiny things like widgets, menus, custom fields, taxonomies, and more for an in-depth personalized experience that can result in a better engagement rate on your website.
WPML gives you control over language display, allowing you to choose between subdomains, subdirectories, or even language-specific domains for optimal SEO organization.
Moreover, you can manually set your currency exchange rates or choose the automatic option based on the client location or site’s language to convert the currency for visitors in their own language. This makes it easy for customers to understand how much they need to pay for the product in their currency, without using a calculator.
Key features –
- Supports over 65 languages along with custom variations
- Lets you translate posts, pages, custom post types, taxonomies, menus, widgets, and more for the best user experience
- User-friendly admin panel to easily manage translations without coding knowledge
- Language-specific URLs for better search engine visibility
- Quality automatic translations are powered by Google, DeepL, Microsoft
Pricing plans – WPML provides a free plugin, but for eCommerce support, you will have to opt for one of its paid plans, starting at €99/year.
Prisna offers a frictionless approach to website translation by integrating Google’s translation service into your WooCommerce store. It stands out for its minimal and user-friendly interface, effortless setup, and ability to instantly translate your content into over 100 languages.
It offers translation options without cluttering the user experience. Visitors can easily switch between languages using a subtle widget or shortcode appearing on top of the pages, ensuring a seamless native experience. It also lets you choose whether you want to track your translation traffic through Google Analytics.
Prisna prioritizes performance and efficiency. It’s designed to minimize impact on page load speeds, ensuring a smooth browsing experience for your customers regardless of language preference. If you’re a business that never compromises on page speed and always tries to give an optimal experience to its users, Prisna GWT could be the deal you need.
Key features –
- Translates your website content into more than 100 languages
- Exclude certain elements from being translated like forms, menus, and widgets
- Use widget or shortcode to translate specific sections of your site
- Lightweight and doesn’t impact your website speed
- Translation traffic monitoring with Google Analytics to understand your audience
Pricing plans – Prisna has a one-time fee of $50, giving you lifetime access to its paid plugin.
If you’re well-versed in the technicalities of translation, Loco Translate is the right WooCommerce multilingual plugin for you. It is a versatile translation solution that directly works with language files within your WordPress dashboard. It offers a hands-on approach, enabling you to create, edit, and manage translations for themes, plugins, and even WooCommerce, catering to those who prefer a granular level of control over the translation process.
This plugin prioritizes clarity and organization. It presents translation files in a user-friendly interface, allowing you to easily navigate between original text and translated versions. This visual representation simplifies the process of reviewing and refining translations, ensuring accuracy and consistency throughout your WooCommerce store.
While it doesn’t offer automatic translation out of the box, Loco Translate smoothly integrates with popular machine translation services like Google Translate to offer a swift solution when needed.
Key features –
- Translate themes, plugins, and WordPress core files for complete localization
- Integrates with translation APIs like DeepL, Microsoft, Google, and Lecto AI
- Built-in translation editing of WordPress translation files
- Protected language directory to save custom translations
- Seamlessly works with custom language files (.po/.mo) for full control over translations
- Track changes, revert to previous versions, and manage translation history effectively
Pricing plans – Loco Translate has a free plan with up to 2,000 translations with access to its features. The paid plans start at just $5.95/mo, giving you access to unlimited languages and other advanced features.
How does a multilingual plugin benefit your WooCommerce store?
Integrating a multilingual plugin into your WooCommerce store can offer several benefits, especially if you target customers from diverse linguistic backgrounds.
Here are some advantages:
- Expanded global reach: If your online store is only in one language, it may limit the number of people who can understand and shop on your site, especially when looking to go international. A multilingual plugin translates your store into multiple languages, making it accessible to people around the world which increases your sales in other regions.
- Catering to cultural preferences: Different cultures have unique ways of expressing things. A multilingual plugin enables you to adapt your product descriptions, promotions, and messages to better suit the preferences of people from various cultures, making your store more appealing and relatable.
- Improved SEO and visibility: Language also influences search engine rankings. If your store is available in multiple languages, it has a better chance of appearing in search results when people search in their local language. This can significantly improve the visibility of your store and attract more potential customers.
- Flexibility in currency and pricing: Many multilingual plugins offer the option to display prices in different currencies. This is helpful for international customers who prefer paying in their local currency. Plus, this eliminates the hassle of currency conversion. It also allows you to adjust prices for different markets, considering factors like local taxes and shipping costs.
- Customer trust and credibility: When customers see that your store is available in their language, it creates a sense of trust and credibility. It shows that you care about reaching out to them specifically. A multilingual store signals that you are open to serving a global audience, and this inclusivity can enhance your brand reputation.
Overall, by incorporating a multilingual plugin, you can create a more inclusive and customer-friendly shopping experience, ultimately contributing to the growth and success of your WooCommerce store in a global marketplace.
Which is the best WooCommerce translation plugin?
Finding the perfect WooCommerce translation plugin can be a game-changer for your online store. Whether you’re reaching customers across borders or simply aiming to create a more inclusive shopping experience, these plugins can open the door to a global audience.
You know when there’s a comparison between a few plugins, neither one loses nor wins. The same goes here. There’s nothing like a perfect plugin here. In the end, everything depends on a few factors like the pages you want to translate, compatibility with other themes and plugins, translation technologies, features in both free and paid versions, SEO-friendliness, impact on your site, your budget, and more.
So, evaluate each of the plugins based on your needs and other factors, and if there’s a plugin that matches your requirements, you should better go with it. However, Weglot and ConveyThis are the best ones per our recommendation.
Finally, if you are new to WooCommerce, here are a few articles that you might want to read next –