Do you want to allow your customers to make payments in Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies? Are you looking for the best cryptocurrency payment gateways?
As more and more people are getting into Cryptocurrency, popular crypto coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc., are emerging as one of the accepted currencies for payment, especially on eCommerce sites.
Moreover, people are also looking for ways to spend their crypto funds in the real world to purchase their daily needs, dream houses, and cars. So, if you are not allowing your customers to pay in crypto, you might be losing a good number of customers.
So, in this article, I will show you some of the best Crypto payment gateways that will enable you to accept cryptos as payment on your online store.
Going ahead, I will highlight the following details for each payment gateway so that you can compare and pick the right one for your eCommerce site –
- Supported eCommerce platforms
- Supported Cryptocurrencies
- Transaction Fees
- Crypto Conversion features
Sounds perfect? Let’s get started.
1. NOWPayments – Best Crypto Payment Gateway
I recently discovered NOWPayments, and I think it is the best cryptocurrency payment gateway that I have come across yet. It is easy to use and provides the simplest user experience for merchants to get started within few minutes.
NOWPayments is a non-custodial payment gateway that lets you accept payments in BTC, ETH, and 100+ other cryptocurrencies with auto coin conversion available. In addition to the payment gateway, NOWPayments provides merchants with other payment solutions like API, invoices, donation widgets, buttons, and CMS plugins, enabling them to receive and manage payments in the most efficient ways.
- Transaction Fees – It charges 0.5% transaction fee + 0.5% exchange fee if crypto exchange is needed.
- Supported eCommerce Platforms – It provide crypto plugins for platforms like WooCommerce, ZenCart, PrestaShop, Opencart, WHMCS, Magento 2 and others.
- Conversion – Customers can pay with any crypto, NOWPayment automatically convert them in your preferred coins or fiat currency.
2. CoinGate – Popular Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway
With over 2,00,000 users, CoinGate is one of the famous, versatile, and flexible cryptocurrency payment gateways in the market. It offers a sleek user interface that allows eCommerce merchants to implement and monitor crypto payments on their eCommerce site easily.
It lets you accept bitcoins, ethereum, litecoin, NANO, and other major cryptocurrencies in over 100 countries. Besides, it offers multiple options for you to buy and receive more than 20 cryptocurrencies immediately to your wallet or you can sell them in euros.
- Transaction Fees – Coingate charges 1% transaction fees.
- Support eCommerce platforms – It extends support to popular eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce, Magento, Prestashop, etc. With Coingate API, you can easily integrate and accept bitcoin payments in your eCommerce store.
- Conversion – Coingate collects the payment and transfers them to you in bitcoins, euros, or other supported digital assets in real-time.
3. CoinPayments – Most supported Cryptocurrencies
With over 10 Billion dollars of crypto transactions and accessibility in 200+ countries, CoinPayments is the most robust Cryptocurrency payment gateway available in the market.
CoinPayments also provides a multicurrency Wallet, where you can store all the crypto payments as long as you want or auto-transfer them to other wallets to keep your coins secured.
- Transaction Fees – CoinPayment charges 0.5% of the amount as transaction fees.
- Support eCommerce Platforms – It provides plugins for major eCommerce platforms, including Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, OpenCart, and more.
- Conversion – It allows you to automatically convert coins into stable coins or fiat currency.
4. BitPay – Easy to use Crypto Payment Gateway
BitPay is one of the simple and easy cryptocurrency payment gateways that lets you infiltrate crypto into your eCommerce business instantly. By gaining the trust of thousands of businesses globally, BitPay allows you to accept crypto payments on your eCommerce site, in-person, or by sending invoices via email.
BitPay lets you accept Ethereum, Bitcoin, XRP, GUSD, BUSD, etc, and other major forms of cryptocurrencies for online payments. It provides payment processing and cryptocurrency settlement for merchants in 229 countries and territories. You can find whether your target countries are supported from this list.
One of the added advantages is that BitPay lets you receive funds directly to your bank account with zero price volatility. Besides, it doesn’t incur any chargebacks thereby, all your transactions will not be reversed and will be processed smoothly.
- Transaction Fees – BitPay charges a transaction fee of 1%.
- Support eCommerce platforms – It offers a collection of plugins and extensions for major eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce, Shopify, WHMCS, Opencart, Zencart, etc.
- Conversion – It allows you to settle payments in your bank account with 48 hrs without price volatility.
5. Coinbase – Zero Fee Crypto Payment Gateway
Coinbase is one of the biggest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. Apart from crypto exchange services, Coinbase also provides a robust payment gateway called Coinbase Commerce.
Coinbase Commerce enables online platforms and eCommerce sites to accept payment in Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, and Ethereum. It also allows you to accept payments in stables coins, namely USDC & DAI.
Coinbase is currently available in 100+ countries. So, make sure you check and ensure that your target countries are available on this list.
- Transaction Fees – The best thing about Coinbase Commerce is that it charges no fees on Crypto payments.
- Support eCommerce Platforms – Currently, Coinbase provides payment gateways for WooCommerce and Shopify. However, you can use its API to connect with other platforms.
- Conversion – It allows you to sell your crypto for cash or convert it into USDC instantly.
6. OpenNode – Bitcoin Payment Gateway
OpenNode is known for its accessibility for eCommerce merchants to process cryptocurrency payments in a fast manner. This powerful bitcoin payment gateway offers magnanimous tools and features highly suitable for businesses of all shapes and sizes.
It enables you to accept bitcoin payments using payment buttons, hosted checkouts, eCommerce plugins, and APIs. The best part is that it is truly compatible with every bitcoin wallet so that you can reach your customers across the globe easily.
OpenNode ensures that your funds are received at lightning speed which builds up your eCommerce business’s cash flow. Also, you can process bitcoin transactions in a safe/secure manner as payments are authorized and initiated by the payers only.
- Transaction Fees – OpenNode charges 1% for bitcoin transaction processing.
- Support eCommerce platforms – It offers plugins for eCommerce platforms like OpenCart, Shopify, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, etc.
- Conversion – OpenNode lets you convert automatically between bitcoin and other popular currencies at the time of transaction with locked exchange rates or on-demand.
SpectroCoin is one of the popular cryptocurrency payment gateways that lets you accept Bitcoin payments and other prominent cryptocurrencies. It offers multiple integration options to accept payments using API, payment buttons, and shopping cart plugins.
Spectrocoin helps in the steady increase of your sales as it enables you to create orders that can be sent to multiple clients, which ensures that you get paid swiftly anytime. Also, you can receive your payments in the form of USD, EUR, and other preferable currency modes.
This flexible cryptocurrency payment gateway is available in more than 150 countries. You can find the complete list of countries here.
- Transaction Fees – SpectroCoin doesn’t list its fee online, these need to be obtained directly from the company.
- Support eCommerce platforms – It offers eCommerce plugins like WooCommerce, PrestaShop, Magento, Opencart, WHMCS, etc.
- Conversion – It lets you convert quickly to the currency of your choice.
8. GoUrl – Open-source Bitcoin Payment Gateway
With over 18,000+ registered companies/vendors globally, GoUrl is one of the popular online cryptocurrency payment solutions. It is a payment platform where vendors/customers can perform transactions that follows the appropriate bitcoin/altcoin payment protocols.
GoUrl is an open-source bitcoin payment gateway that offers zero risk and no chargebacks. It provides a suite of comprehensive features that allows you to sell products for bitcoins, earn money on file downloads, and enables direct payments between your eCommerce site users.
The key USP of GoUrl is that it is easy to use, eCommerce vendors can receive bitcoins straight to their wallets, and the happy news is that you need not create a bank account. The best of all is that the received payments will quickly reach the vendor’s external wallet within 30 minutes, which paves the way for high transactional efficiency.
- Transaction Fees – It doesn’t incur any transaction fees.
- Support eCommerce platforms – It offers amazing support to popular eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce, EDD, WP eCommerce, Jigoshop, etc. It also provides different plugins for your WordPress site.
- Conversion – It readily converts bitcoin to USD, EUR, etc.
By now, you know some of the best cryptocurrency and Bitcoin payment gateways available in the market. Now, it is your turn to pick the most suitable payment gateway for your site and offer your customer to use their crypto funds for the payment.
I hope this article helped you pick the best Cryptocurrency payment gateway for your eCommerce site. If you are looking for more tools for your eCommerce site, you should check out our eCommerce Tools section