Email newsletters are the one of the most effective ways to connect with customers and prospects and keep them engaged throughout the purchasing journey. With newsletters, you can keep your followers and customers updated with the latest information, company announcements, and sales, or even educate customers about your product and services to build a community or loyal customer base for your business.
In short, if done right, newsletters can be a powerful marketing tool for any business to build strong relationships with customers and generate leads & sales.
And to grow your newsletters to that level, you need one of the best email newsletter software in your marketing toolbox. So, to help you find the most suitable one as per your business needs, I compared and ranked the top newsletter software available in the market.
If you’re ready, let’s get started.
1. ConvertKit – Best newsletter software for creators
ConvertKit is probably the most popular email newsletter software used by popular content creators and influencers to enagage with their audience via newsletters. As ConvertKit is creator-focused platforms, it strives to improve their economy paid newsletters – you just have to create your newsletter, set the price, automatically send your readers, and get paid.
It comes with a powerful drag-and-drop email editor, allowing you to design beautiful newsletters. You can even design beautiful landing pages, sign up forms and offer digital products like e-books to grow your email lists.
On the whole, if you’re a creator and want to craft newsletters for your audience base, ConvertKit would be my top recommendation. It has several pre-design email templates, which you can easily customize and send to subscribers within minutes.
Key Features –
- Customizable forms and landing pages to make visitors signup for your newsletter
- Create sequences and segment audiences to send personalized and targeted newsletters
- Branded product pages for paid newsletters
- Built-in reporting to know how your audience engages and what forms they signup
- Payments for paid newsletters are collected via Stripe.
Pricing Plans – ConvertKit has a free plan that lets you manage up to 1000 subscribers. The Paid plans start at $15/month and vary based on the number of subscribers.
2. Mailchimp – Best newsletter software for beginners
Mailchimp is the perfect newsletter service for beginners to create stunning newsletters within minutes. With 100+ customizable templates, you can design awe-inspiring newsletters that let you innovatively convey your brand story.
Mailchimp’s creative assistant will manage the entire process and guide you in creating on-branded newsletters. It is an AI-powered tool that lets you select designs exclusively made for you, making your newsletter marketing campaigns generate more clicks and conversions.
Also, if you wonder what’s the best time to send your newsletters, you can eliminate that guesswork. With send-time optimization, Mailchimp analyzes when your contacts are most likely to open your email newsletters, so you can send them at the right time to achieve the highest engagement rates.
So Mailchimp breaks the clutter in building customer-friendly email newsletters for your business. You never have to lift a finger from welcoming new subscribers to making personalized customer journeys.
Key Features –
- Flexibility to code in the email builder itself
- Get suggestions to improve the email reading time
- Subject line helper and content optimizer to make your newsletter copy attractive and credible
- Send emails based on your customer’s behavior, interactions to enhance the experience
- In-depth data-backed recommendations to improve your newsletter marketing approach
Pricing Plans – Mailchimp has a free plan that allows up to 500 contact and sending 1000 monthly emails. The paid plans start at $10/month based on the number of contacts.
3. Omnisend – Best newsletter Software for eCommerce
If you’re looking for a perfect newsletter Software for your eCommerce business to send information and commercial updates to your customers, Omnisend would be my #1 recommendation. It comes with advanced contact segmentation, enabling you to send a highly personalized email newsletter with product recommendations and offers based on their past activities in your store.
The software has a drag-and-drop email editor and a collection of customizable pre-built templates to help you design high-converting email newsletters within minutes – you can modify the content blocks and design newsletters as per your brand values.
Omnisend supports seamless integration with popular eCommerce website builders like Shopify, BigCommerce, Shopify Plus, Magento, and WooCommerce. So if your online store is hosted on any of these platforms, you can connect with Omnisend and start sending newsletters to nurture and grow your audience base.
Finally, Omnisend is more than just a newsletter software. If you want to learn more about its features, you should read our detailed Omnisend review.
Key Features –
- Save and reuse templates for your upcoming campaigns
- Mobile optimized templates with additional visibility control for mobile and desktop
- It doesn’t require any HTML background to make changes
- If multiple stores are connected on Omnisend, you can share the saved templates across these stores
- Drag-and-drop automation editor to craft personalized newsletters
- Build audience segments that can be either included or excluded in the campaign targeting
Pricing Plans – Omnisend offers a free plan that allows up to 250 contacts and 500 emails/month. The paid plans start at $16/month and scales based on your contact size. You should also check our Omnisend coupon to get 10% off on paid plans.
4. Moosend – Easy-to-use newsletter software
Moosend makes it easy to build highly engaging email newsletters via its no-code drag-and-drop editor. You can choose from a wide range of designer-made email templates, customize them, insert images, videos, and other interactive elements without any HTML code.
It also offers free and professionally designed email newsletter templates for eCommerce businesses. You can use them to send product promotions, black Friday sales, cart abandonment, monthly offers, etc. It’s also possible to insert product blocks and discount codes to convert readers into avid shoppers.
Moosend leverages personalization to the next level by leveraging the personal data of subscribers and conditional blocks to design dynamic and revenue-generating email newsletters. Even you can trigger product recommendation workflows based on the weather condition of your subscriber’s location.
On the whole, Moosend’s newsletter service is a powerful combination of creativity, design innovation, and personalization.
Key Features –
- Built-in integration with Giphy and Stock Photos
- Integration with Magento, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, OpenCart, ThriveCart
- Increase your newsletter conversions by inserting countdown timers
- Test how your email looks without leaving the newsletter
- Save your newsletter template as a design in the editor
- Visualize in-depth email analytics and heatmaps to track results
Pricing Plans – Moosend offers a 30-day free trial with no credit card required. The paid plan starts at just $9/month for up to 500 subscribers, and the billing increases with the growth in the number of subscribers. You get access to unlimited emails, automation workflows, an SMTP server, landing pages & forms.
5. ActiveCampaign – Advanced email newsletter software
ActiveCampaign is focused on delivering exceptional customer experiences. So it’s no wonder that you can build amazing newsletters, craft advanced workflows, and generate a loyal customer base on autopilot effortlessly.
ActiveCampaign provides 15+ newsletter templates to creatively present your content, from text-based to crafting a rich outlook. Since the templates are responsive, all the code and design are in-built, making your newsletters look stunning on any device.
With its drag-and-drop email designer, you’ll never feel the hassle of designing attractive newsletters that stays on top of your customer’s inbox. You can take full control over what you do – it can be sending broadcast newsletters or personalizing the way you communicate, ActiveCampaign makes it as easy as pie.
You should read our comprehensive ActiveCampaign review to learn more about its features and capabilities as an email marketing software.
Key Features –
- Set up personalization based on the contact information you have
- Segmentation and dynamic content to deliver newsletters to the right customers at the right time
- Advanced automation workflows to collect newsletter subscribers at autopilot
- Add and customize different types of blocks to create a well-structured newsletter
- Schedule email newsletters to be sent on a specific date and time.
Pricing Plans – ActiveCampaign offers a 14-day free trial on all its paid plans, starting at $9/month for up to 500 subscribers and scales up based on your contact size.
6. Mailerlite – Most affordable newsletter Software
Mailerlite is one of the most reliable and affordable newsletter services for small businesses. Within minutes, you can create a fabulous visual newsletter with three different newsletter editors, which are as follows –
- Drag & Drop editor – Utilize interactive email blocks like carousels image galleries, accordion tabs and create dynamic content.
- Rich text editor – Best suited for designing plain-text email newsletters along with embedded videos, timers.
- HTML email editor – If you like coding, then you can build custom newsletters precisely the way you need from scratch
You can choose any of these editors to design your newsletters based on your preferences. However, with a drag-and-drop editor, you can embed Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram blocks into your newsletter within a few clicks. So you’ll now start converting visitors into your loyal social media fans.
An added advantage is that you can upsell regular subscribers to a paid newsletter subscription using automated email workflows – you can target those who are most likely to purchase your subscription. Right from collecting payments to managing subscribers & cancellations, everything runs on autopilot.
Key Features –
- Build your own gallery of personal designs and reuse them in campaigns
- Ranked for the best email deliverability
- Embed email surveys in the newsletters to gather valuable customer insights
- Easy-to-use pre-built email blocks
- Support integration with popular eCommerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Magento, and PrestaShop.
Pricing Plans – Mailerlite has a free plan, allowing up to 1000 subscribers and sending 12000 emails. The paid plans start at $10/month and scales with the growth in the number of subscribers.
7. HubSpot – Free Newsletter Builder Software
HubSpot is one of the best CRM software with a free email newsletter service that let you send high-converting newsletters to your contacts. By accessing its extensive template library and intuitive drag-and-drop builder, you can design and launch intriguing newsletters that speak to your audience.
As HubSpot is a CRM software where you can consolidate all your customer data such as name, industry, website activities, etc., it enables you to use these data to create highly personalized and unique email newsletters for your customers and build a stronger relationship with them.
Finally, HubSpot is an all-in-one winning solution that lets you combine the power of email newsletter and CRM to outgrow your business to the next level.
Key Features –
- Build your custom templates for sending newsletters
- Comprehensive reporting and analytics to improvise your email newsletter performance
- Contact lists stay updated, so you don’t have to import or export
Pricing Plans – You can get started with HubSpot for free. To access premium features, you can upgrade to the paid plans starting at just $45/month and goes up to $3200/month with advanced sales and marketing features.
8. GetResponse – Free Email Newsletter Software
With over 20 years of competitiveness, GetResponse is a popular email newsletter service suitable for any business. With over 500+ stunning newsletter templates on different categories, you can elevate your newsletter branding to drive an excellent reputation.
In GetResponse, you can choose either the drag-and-drop builder or the HTML editor to create your newsletter. Once everything is ready, you can either schedule or send it immediately. If you would like to send it at optimal times, turn on the “Perfect Timing” option.
GetResponse allows you to send your newsletters as broadcast or make them hyper-relevant via in-depth segmentation. You can build custom segments on specific criteria, use dynamic content for personalization and enjoy a high deliverability rate.
On the whole, whether you run a restaurant, creative agency, or an eCommerce business, GetResponse’s newsletter service simplifies the process of building delightful newsletters that convert first-time readers into paid customers.
Key Features –
- Open rate tracking for newsletters created with HTML code
- Access to free GetResponse Image Library
- Create automated email sequences to nurture visitors
- Preview designs on desktop and mobile devices
- A/B testing to improve subject lines and CTA
- Use behavioral and engagement data to create contact segments
Pricing Plans – GetResponse comes with a Forever Free Plan that allows unlimited newsletters, signup forms, domain, 1 landing page (1000 visitors). The Paid plans start at $19/month and scale up to $119/month for 1000 contacts.
Found the best email newsletter software?
Email newsletters are a direct way of communication between a brand and consumers. In fact, if you are into eCommerce business, you should know that email newsletters can play a vital role in your eCommerce conversion funnel to convert new leads into customers and encourage the existing ones for repeat purchases.
That being said, all the above-listed newsletter software are the best in their category that bringing something unique for every business type. Now, it is your turn to try these newsletter software and pick the one that matches your business requirements and budget.
If you are an eCommerce business owner or manage one, you may want to take your email marketing beyond newsletters with advanced automation and personalized campaigns. Here are few hand-picked articles that you should read next –