Want to leverage email marketing to grow your Shopify store? Are you looking for the best Shopify email marketing app to help you with it?
Email marketing is one of the most effective marketing channels for eCommerce brands. In fact, according to a study, for every $1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $42, i.e., an ROI of 4200%.
Of course, to achieve such a result, you will need the best email marketing app that enables you to create high-converting email campaigns with high deliverability rates.
In this article, I will show you some of the best email marketing apps that you can consider using for your Shopify store.
Key Features of Shopify Email Marketing Apps
There are tons of email marketing apps available in the market and obviously on the Shopify App Store. But as I repeatedly say, not every app is the best for you.
Choosing the right email marketing app entirely depends on your marketing strategies and the level of automation you want to implement. You may also want to consider the budget and your skills in creating email campaigns and automation flow.
So, keep everything simple, here are some of the essential features that you might want in your Shopify email marketing apps –
- Easy to use email editor – The editor should be simple, user-friendly, and flexible, which lets you design email campaigns the way you want.
- Customizable Templates – Pre-made email and automation workflow give you the advantage of starting converting email campaigns quickly.
- Segmentation – You need solid contact segmentation features to send targeted emails based on geographic location, shopping behavior, page viewed, and other factors.
- Automation – By automating workflows, you can send personalized email communications to subscribers and customers based on their past activities on your site.
- A/B Testing – A robust A/B testing system helps you determine which email subject line or body version shows better results.
- Integrations – The email marketing app should support integration with other Shopify apps you need for designing, sales, and marketing.
6 Top Email marketing apps for Shopify stores
Now, based on the features mentioned above, I have ranked and reviewed the best Shopify email marketing apps to help you select the most suitable one for your store.
If you are ready, let’s get started.
Klaviyo is another powerful Shopify email marketing app that enables you to run automated text and email campaigns together to provide a complete shopping experience to the customers.
Its no-code email editor lets you create attractive emails within minutes. Over that, it is packed with pre-designed templates for product launches, sale announcements, newsletters, and promotions, which you can easily customize as per your needs.
Most importantly, Klaviyo has a robust customer platform, where you can view unified customer data – profiles, transactions, browsing history, support tickets, website events, & text messages which are updated in real-time. You can use such a wide array of data to deliver hyper-targeted and personalized email communications for better conversions.
On the whole, Klaviyo is an excellent email marketing app for Shopify stores. Its robust automation builder can help you drive your customers through the conversion funnel and enables you to generate more sales over time.
To get a complete overview of its features and how it can be useful for your business, read our detailed Klaviyo review.
Key Features –
- Easy drag-and-drop email editor
- Pre-built automation workflow templates
- Ready-made sign-up forms
- Best-in-class segmentation and personalization
- Facebook and Instagram audience sync
- ROI-based analytics reporting
- Unlimited A/B testing
- Optimized for high email deliverability
- Over 200+ pre-built integrations
Pricing Plans – Klaviyo is free to use upto 250 contacts, allowing you to send 500 emails, 150 SMS & 50 MMS sends. The Paid plans start at $20/month and go upto the Custom plan based on your requirements.
Omnisend is the best Shopify email marketing app that enables you to deliver a personalized and unique shopping experience across multiple channels on autopilot.
It comes with an intuitive email editor, which lets you create on-branded and highly convertible emails within minutes. It also enables you to add dynamic content to the email body, which you can use to add product recommendations, offers, and unique coupon codes based on the recipient’s purchase history.
Finally, Omnisend is an eCommerce-focused email marketing tool powered by revenue-driving features & workflows that you can leverage to drive sales on autopilot across multiple channels.
You can check out our Omnisend review to get a complete overview of what it brings for you on the table.
Key Features –
- User-friendly drag and drop email builder
- Easy-to-use automation workflow builder
- Advanced contact segmentation for targeted campaigns
- Cross-sell with dynamic product recommendations
- Fully-integrated SMS channel for text marketing
- Send personalized push notifications
- Popups and wheel of fortune to grow your email list
- Customizable signup boxes and landing pages
- A/B testing system for email campaigns
- Retarget contacts on Facebook & Google via audience sync
- Robust analytics reporting
Pricing Plans – Omnisend has a free plan that allows 500 emails/month, 60 SMS & 500 web push notifications.
It has two paid plans based on the number of contacts, which are as follows –
- Standard plan – starts at $16/month, 500 contacts + 6,000 emails
- Pro plan – starts at $59/month, unlimited contacts and emails
Omnisend offers access to all the features for all the plans, except customer support available only for paid users. You can use our Omnisend coupon to get 10% off.
With over 24,000+ ravishing reviews, Privy is one of the most rated Shopify email marketing apps that enables you to send sales-driven email campaigns in the easiest way possible.
Privy allows you to send 4 types of email campaigns – newsletters, cart abandonment, customer winback, and welcome series for new customers. So, if you are looking for an app that comes with pre-configured email automation campaigns for Shopify, Privy would be a perfect choice.
With Privy, it makes it super easy for any Shopify merchant to start email marketing automation without spending time strategizing and creating different kinds of flow by yourself.
Overall, Privy is a beginner-friendly email marketing app that lets you leverage email and SMS automation to nurture the leads and engage with shoppers to revisit the store.
Key Features –
- Easy Drag and Drop Email Editor
- Automated cart abandonment emails
- Automated customer winback emails
- Advanced audience segmentation
- Unlimited popups & flyouts to grow your list
- Create stunning upsell popups
- Generate unique coupon codes
- Free shipping bar displays
- In-depth Revenue Reporting
Pricing Plans – Privy has a free plan that allows upto 100 mailable contacts, unlimited popups, flyout, advanced targeting, and free support. However, to run email campaigns, you’ll have to upgrade one of their paid plans –
- Starter Plan – $15/month – upto 250 mailable contacts, unlimited email sends & access to all email marketing campaigns
- Growth Plan – $45/month – upto 3000 email contacts, 500 textable contacts, and all other Starter plan features
Privy also offers a 15-day free trial in which you can send 100 emails/day. So you can signup and use this opportunity to test how effective the platform is in boosting your sales.
Drip is a powerhouse of email marketing for Shopify stores. Its deep integration with the platform enables you to run highly personalized email and SMS marketing campaigns.
It comes with a visual workflow builder that allows you to easily build automation flows from scratch or customize pre-built campaigns such as welcome series, cart abandonment, etc.
The best thing about Drip is its powerful customer segmentation feature that allows you to target the right customers at the right time with personalized messages based on their past activity on your site or engagement with email campaigns.
Overall, Drip is the most simplified yet powerful enough to run highly targeted across multiple channels, including social media ads.
To learn more about its features and capabilities, you should read our comprehensive review on Drip.
Key Features –
- Pre-built automation workflows
- Point-and-click visual flow builder
- Advanced contact segmentation
- Sync with Facebook custom audiences
- Run on-branded SMS campaigns
- Build dynamic and personalized forms
- In-app analytics reporting and insights
Pricing Plans – Drip’s pricing plan starts at $22/month for up to 500 contacts. It also has a 14-day free trial, so you can signup and explore its powerful email automation capabilities.
SmatrMail is an easy-to-use Shopify email marketing app that provides you with all the resources and tools to help you make the best out of email marketing in generating more sales and ROI.
SmartrMail has an AI-powered email builder that can match the style of emails with your website. And, with its deep integration with Shopify, it can pull the product data and enables you to use it in your email body with just a few clicks – no copying & pasting required.
Like other email marketing apps on the list, SmartrMail also offers integrated SMS marketing, which you can include in your automation flow. Also, it has pre-made templates for almost every type of campaign, including welcome series, customer winback emails, and many more.
Key Features –
- AI-powered email builder
- Customizable email templates
- A/B testing for subject lines
- AI-backed product recommendations in the email body
- In-depth contact segmentation
- Create Facebook custom audiences
- Customizable email popups and HTML forms
Pricing Plans – SmatrMail has a free plan that allows upto 5000 emails and 1000 subscribers. It has two paid plans which are as follows –
- Standard Plan – starts at $19/month – 12 emails per subscriber, access to all features, and live chat support
- Unlimited Plan – Starts at $99/month – unlimited sending, unlimited automation, A/B testing, and priority support
SmatrMail offers a 15-day free trial for its paid plans that lets you test out all email marketing features without committing to it.
ActiveCampaign is one of the most advanced Shopify email marketing apps. It offers everything you need to run an online business, from sales to marketing. With ActiveCampaign, you also get a landing page builder, form builder, and built-in CRM to manage your customer data in one place.
It provides responsive email templates which you can easily customize to add style elements, blocks, images, products, videos, etc. If needed, you can also hide/show specific content blocks on mobile devices for a better mobile user experience.
ActiveCampaign is highly popular for its powerful automation capabilities – it lets you segment contacts based on any collected data and build automation flow to provide a hyper-personalized shopping experience for visitors and existing customers.
Read our ActiveCampaign Review to determine everything it has to offer and how you can leverage it for your Shopify store.
Key Features –
- Drag and drop email builder
- Visual automation flow builder
- 125+ expertly-crafted email templates
- 600+ pre-built automation
- Advanced contact segmentation
- Automatic customer geo-tracking
- High email deliverability rate
- In-built CRM available
- Funnel-driven analytics reporting
- 870+ app integrations
Pricing Plans – ActiveCampaign offers a 14-day free trial for all paid plans and has four pricing plans based on the number of your contacts. The paid plan starts at $15 with standard features and goes up to $187/month with advanced features and integration access.
Which is the best Shopify email marketing app?
With over 4.5 billion email users, email marketing is one of the top communication channels to build, grow and monetize your target audience. And, since you reached this article, I assume that you understand the importance of email marketing for your Shopify store.
If you would like to learn about email marketing, check out our eCommerce email marketing guide & email list building strategies.
By now, you know some of the best email marketing apps that you can use for your store; and in this article, I tried to highlight every important factor that can help you pick your Shopify email marketing app.
Having said that, let’s wrap up with a quick overview of the top Shopify email marketing apps –
|Omnisend||Free||Get 10% off|
|Klaviyo||Free||Create Free Account|
|Privy||Free||Start 15-day free trial|
|Drip||$22/month||Start 14-day free trial|
|SmartrMail||$19/month||Start 15-day free trial|
|ActiveCampaign||$9/month||Start 14-day free trial|
I hope this article helped you find the best email marketing app for your Shopify store. If you have just started with Shopify and looking for other useful apps to add, here are few hand-picked articles that you should read next –