Push notifications have become an indispensable marketing channel for online businesses to keep their customers engaged and informed. One of the reasons behind this is that it connects you with customers directly right on the device they use the most – desktops & smartphones.
Compared to email & SMS, push notifications are proven to be more effective for sending time-sensitive messages like flash sales alerts, product updates, etc. You should read out a comprehensive guide on eCommerce push notifications to learn more.
Now, Shopify, being one of the most popular eCommerce platforms, has a variety of push notification apps available to help you easily send different types of push notifications to your customers.
In this article, we will take a look at some of the best Shopify push notification apps, each with its unique features and benefits. Whether you are looking to increase customer engagement, boost sales, or improve customer experience, this article will guide you in choosing the right push notification app for your Shopify store.
So, let’s dive in and explore the top Shopify push notification apps.
PushOwl is the best Shopify notification app that enables you to send targeted and personalized notifications to subscribers based on their location, behavior, and purchase history, to drive higher engagement and boost sales.
Whether you want to promote new products, announce sales, or simply remind customers about abandoned carts, you can create unlimited segments to send personalized notifications and increase conversions.
It also provides you with detailed analytics reporting to help you analyze the performance of each campaign in terms of engagement, sales & revenue.
Key Features –
- Allows unlimited subscribers
- Send automated abandoned cart abandoned recovery notifications.
- Automatically send price change and inventory alerts
- Create high-level segments for targeted messages
- Show call-to-actions on push notifications
- Advanced analytics reporting for each campaign
Pricing Plans – PushOwl has a free plan that allows collecting unlimited subscribers and sending automated back-in-stock, price drop alerts, and more. The paid plan starts at $19/month, allowing you to send automated abandoned cart Reminders, shipping notifications, and access to other advanced features.
PushEngage is a popular web notification app that seamlessly integrates with Shopify and allows you to send highly-targeted and personalized notifications to your customers and subscribers.
With PushEngage, you can set up automated notifications for cart abandonment recovery, price change, and inventory alerts to put customer engagement and sales on autopilot.
The app is best known for its A/B testing feature that allows you to experiment with different elements of the notifications to find out what works best for your business to boost engagement and generate sales.
Key Features –
- Send triggered notifications based on visitor’s behavior
- Send notifications in the subscriber’s time zone
- Automatically send abandoned cart push notifications
- A/B test campaigns to find the best-performing ones
- Detailed analytics reporting on traffic, sales, and revenue
- Set up drip notifications like the welcome series for new subscribers
Pricing Plans – PushEngage has a free plan that allows up to 200 subscribers and 30 campaigns monthly. The paid plan starts at $9/month, giving you access to all the standard and advanced features.
Omnisend is a powerful omnichannel marketing app that enables you to combine push notifications with email and SMS marketing to deliver an engaging shopping experience for customers and website visitors.
With its deep integration with popular Shopify apps, Omnisend enables you to send push notifications for almost everything happening in the stores – from card abandonment reminders, order status, subscription reminders, shipping status, and more.
It also allows you to include push notifications in the automation workflows along with email and SMS campaigns. So, if you are looking for a push notification app that you can connect with email and SMS subscribers as well, Omnisend would be my recommendation for you.
To get a complete overview of its features and functionalities, you should also check our detailed Omnisend review.
Key Features –
- Advanced customer segmentation & targeting
- Send automated cart & browser-abandoned notifications
- Automatically send notifications with order & shipping status
- Detailed push notification analytics for sales tracking
- Combine push notifications with email & SMS marketing
Pricing Plans – Omnisend has a free plan that allows sending up to 500 push notifications, 60 SMS, and 500 emails per month. The paid plans vary based on the number of contacts, however, it allows sending unlimited push notifications even with the basic plan that cost $16/month. Check out our Omnisend discount code to get 10% off on all plans.
Firepush is another powerful push notification app for Shopify stores that enables you to combine SMS and push notifications to drive more engagement and sales for your stores.
It comes with pre-made templates for different types of campaigns that you can customize per your business needs. From cart abandonment, product delivery, and price drop alerts to back-in-stock and win-back notifications, you will find templates for every campaign type.
Firpush is also packed with subscriber growth tools like pop-ups, widgets & buttons that you can place anywhere on your Shopify store pages to convert unknown visitors into subscribers.
Key Features –
- Set up different types of automated notifications
- Popups, widgets, and buttons to grow subscribers
- Multi-channel campaigns using SMS and web push
- Send a sequence of automated notifications
- Detailed push notification campaign reporting
- Seamless integration with Growave to send loyalty-related updates
Pricing Plans – Firepush has two paid plans, which are free for up to 250 contacts & 500 notifications per month, with access to all the features. Beyond 250 contacts, the pricing starts at $16/month & $59/month for the Basic and Pro plans.
Smart Push Marketing is another amazing Shopify push notification app packed with powerful automation features that enables you to recapture lost sales and generate new sales on autopilot. You can set up a sequence of notifications for abandoned cart and browser recovery and drive more sales from your store.
The app also allows you to set up automated win-back notification to bring back the potentially lost customers who haven’t shopped for a while from your store. You can send back in stock and price drop alerts automatically to interested customers and subscribers.
Key Features –
- Send automated cart recovery sequence
- Automatically notify customers about order status
- Offer welcome discount to new subscribers
- Create subscriber segments for personalization
- Send automated back in stock and price drop alerts
- Detailed performance analytics for each campaign
Pricing Plans – The app has a free plan that supports up to 100 subscribers and unlimited push notifications. The paid plans are based on the number of subscribers, starting at $9.99/month for up to 1000 subscribers, with access to advanced automation features.
AAA Web Push is a free Shopify notification that is mainly designed to help you boost conversion using web push notifications with announcement bars. Using this app, you can display announcements & countdown bars to boost conversions.
With this app, you can automatically send push notifications for abandoned cart recovery, price drops, and back-in-stock alerts. It also provides detailed performance reports for each campaign.
Key Features –
- Automated cart abandonment recovery notifications
- Display bars and countdown timers on the website
- Pre-designed website bars for different types of campaigns
- Send automatic welcome notifications to new subscribers
Pricing Plans – It is free to use.
ChirpyWeb is a simple Shopify push notifications app that allows you to send automated abandoned cart recovery notifications, back-in-stock alerts, and price drop alerts to boost customer engagement and sales for your store.
Using this app, you can create highly-targeted segments to send personalized notifications based on locations, website behavior, and other factors. You can also schedule notifications for subscriber-specific timezone.
Key Features –
- Set up drip automation like welcome series
- Send targeted notifications by creating segments
- Analytics reporting on campaign performance
- Detailed insights into customer analytics
Pricing Plans – ChirpyWeb has a free plan that allows up to 200 subscribers and unlimited notifications. The paid plan is based on the number of subscribers, which starts at $14/month for up to 2,000 subscribers.
Choose the best Shopify Push Notification App
Unlike email and SMS marketing, for push notifications, you don’t need users contact details to communicate with them. With just a single click, you can turn any website visitor into a push notification subscriber and turn them into a customers.
In this article, I reviewed some of the best push notification apps available in the Shopify app store and I hope it helped you find the most suitable one for your store. If you are looking for more Shopify apps to generate more sales, here are few hand-picked articles that you might want to check next –