Optimizing your Shopify store for high search rankings is not an overnight success. It requires constant effort and the ability to track critical metrics that shape your store’s SEO strategy.
Fortunately, there are several SEO apps in the Shopify App Store that you can use to optimize your store for search rankings and drive more organic traffic.
And in this article, I will review 5 top Shopify SEO apps (Free & Paid) to help you pick the perfect app to keep your store ranking high in search results.
If you are ready, let’s get started.
1. SEO Booster
SEO Booster is the most reliable Shopify SEO app because it can be easily installed with just a few clicks and does not require coding. You need not manually spend time working on improving your page SEO. Just set it up, and the app takes care of all the SEO activities.
- It automatically updates the ALT text for new images and helps redirect invalid links thereby, you can recoup the lost store traffic.
- It is powered with JSON-L, enabling rich snippets and integrating your Shopify store website with Google search console/ Google Analytics.
- Bulk edit is also available as this SEO app provides automation facilities.
- SEO Booster will send alerts if there is duplicate content on your site, which you can immediately rectify and remove.
- It also provides a detailed analysis of the key SEO issues and different feasible ways to solve them.
Plans & Pricing: It offers a 7-day free trial and also a free plan. You can upgrade to the Pro Plan, which starts at $24.99/month.
Plug-in-SEO is a complete power-packed application that comes with a robust set of SEO features to instantly optimize your Shopify store and fix it to rank in Google Searches quickly.
One of the significant advantages of using this app is that it allows you to perform Bulk SEO activity where-in it enables you to edit meta titles and meta descriptions for hundreds & thousands of products within a few minutes.
- It offers comprehensive support by optimizing H1/H2 tags, fixing duplicate pages, works on page descriptions, and automatically fixes SEO issues by providing a detailed set of instructions.
- On-page SEO is audited automatically, sending timely email reports and giving a complete picture of your Shopify store performance as it integrates with Google Search Console.
- Plug-in-SEO gets updated instantly when there is a change in the search engine’s rules, which helps in quick synchronization.
- Plug-in-SEO is powered with JSON-LD, which enables you to build rich snippets to get featured on Google.
Plans & Pricing: It offers a 7-day free trial and a free plan with features to get started. To access pro features, you can upgrade to SEO Plus, which starts at $20/month.
3. SEO Doctor
SEO Doctor is the perfect solution for solving all SEO related issues on your Shopify store. The most unique feature of this Shopify SEO app is that it can automatically compress the images that affect your store pages’ loading speed.
From fixing all issues automatically to optimizing your Shopify store for high visibility, the SEO Doctor is the best cure that all store owners would certainly opt for.
- It fixes the meta titles, description and also you can submit your sitemap for better structuring, which is one of the crucial factors to rank high on searches.
- Your store visitors will not see any broken links as this app immediately fixes the 404 errors.
- It offers integration with Google Page Speed and Google Search Console so that you can rapidly visualize the condition of your Shopify store and correct it at that moment.
- The most powerful SEO Autopilot feature is available, which offers advanced features to automatically detect and resolve all the SEO issues for your Shopify store.
- Image renaming is also possible, and with the help of an AI-powered image compressor, all your store images are better optimized without reducing the original quality.
Plans & Pricing: It offers a free plan that allows you to work in manual mode, providing you with all the tools/tips you have to implement in the store.
To access the autopilot (automated) feature, you need to upgrade to the pro plan, which starts at $14.99/month.
AVADA SEO Image Optimizer has the highest Shopify ratings of 4.9 and the biggest perk is that it is completely free to use. So all amazing features to boost your Shopify store on search rankings are readily available at your fingertips.
- It lets you add ALT tags automatically for three main pages on your Shopify store, namely product pages, blog posts, and collection pages.
- You can rapidly optimize the images to boost the page loading speed and also compress them without affecting the quality.
- You can add meta descriptions to get viewed on social channels like Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc.
- It provides in-depth SEO analysis for your product pages, which points out the issues and offers practical optimization solutions.
- With the help of an HTML sitemap, you can list the sub-pages of your store website so that visitors quickly navigate to all the sections of your Shopify Store.
- Offers integration with popular page builders like Shogun, Pagefly, LayoutHub, etc., so that you can develop more responsive pages for your Shopify store.
- AVADA eases your efforts by helping you to verify your website authority with major search engines like Bing, Alexa, Google Search Console, Pinterest, etc.
Plans & Pricing: It is completely free to use.
Enhancing and structuring your website for rich snippets is one of the healthiest factors to rank your Shopify store on Google. And even a small error in technical structuring can ruin all your SEO efforts.
To ensure that your site structure is in a correct formatted manner, this is the perfect app for you. Once installed, the JSON-LD app will run the automatic installer and successfully add the structured data to your store.
- It lets you display your products, reviews, and store details directly in the search results, which is an added bonanza for getting visibility to many new customers.
- It offers integrations with the popular Shopify review apps so that all your store data is correctly structured and optimized for landing up on Google searches.
- JSON-LD synchronizes with the changing Google algorithm so that you can comply with your store with SEO guidelines.
Plans & Pricing: You’ll have to pay $299 as a one time charge and no monthly recurring payments needed.
There’s no doubt that SEO plays a very important role in the growth of the eCommerce business. So, without pondering over much, pick the one of SEO apps from the list and make your Shopify store search engine friendly.
I hope this article helped you pick the right SEO app for your Shopify store. If you are looking for more Shopify apps for your store, here are few hand-picked articles for you –