Are you looking for the best eCommerce platform for dropshipping? Wix eCommerce is the best platform you should try!
Dropshipping has become a popular online business model. It is simple to start with a very low initial investment. However, one of the most challenging steps in setting up a dropshipping business is choosing a suitable eCommerce platform.
There are tons of eCommerce platforms for dropshipping, but not all can guarantee you success. Also, not all the platforms would be idle for the type of products you want to sell, and of course, the budget plays a deciding factor for it.
Here are a few things that you should look for in an eCommerce platform for dropshipping –
- Easy to use
- Supports dropshipping tools
- Business scalability possibilities
- Excellent customer support
- Affordable pricing plans
In this article, I have compared some of the best eCommerce platforms based on the above pointers and listed them here to help you pick the most suitable platform for your dropshipping business.
Ready to dive in? Let’s get started.
1. Wix – Top-rated Dropshipping Ecommerce Platform
Wix is one of the best eCommerce platforms for dropshipping. It is completely beginner-friendly and gives you lots of options to sell. As an added advantage, you can use its secure and free web hosting that makes your dropshipping store active 24x7x365.
Wix eCommerce platform enables you to launch a beautiful online store by using its wide array of features. You can browse through the list of best dropshipping apps from the Wix app store and choose the best one that ideally fits your needs.
Features Highlights –
- Ease of use: Wix offers a user-friendly drag-and-drop editor to build your online store, or you can choose Wix ADI to do all the work for you.
- Scalability: Scalability with Wix is quite tricky as its eCommerce platform is tailored for small-sized businesses.
- Dropshipping: It enables you to sell a wide variety of products via a recently acquired dropshipping platform, Modalyst.
- Customer Support: Wix provides active support via Twitter, and you can access their help center. Currently, it does not provide support via chat, email but provides phone support in different languages.
Pricing and Plans – It allows you to create a free account and has three major pricing plans, which are as follows –
- The Business Basic plan starts at $23/month. You can accept payments, sell unlimited products, bring back abandoned customers, sell on social channels, etc.
- The Business Unlimited plan starts at $27/month. It lets you sell upto 25 products on Modalyst and allows you to sell in multiple currencies.
- The Business VIP plan starts at $49/month. It gives you access to a complete set of eCommerce features to create a full-fledged online store.
2. Shopify – Best eCommerce platform for dropshipping
Shopify is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms for dropshipping. It offers tons of dropshipping apps, which allow you to identify the winning products and import them from trusted suppliers across the globe.
Shopify is a cloud-based eCommerce platform with a monthly subscription fee. If you are not skilled at coding and looking for a better platform to build and manage your store easily, then Shopify would be my #1 recommendation for you.
Feature Highlights –
- Ease of use: It has an intuitive editor and offers responsive dropshipping themes to create an attractive store.
- Scalability: While Shopify is designed for SMBs, Shopify Plus is for enterprise-level businesses, ensuring high scalability levels. Read Shopify vs Shopify Plus to know more.
- Dropshipping: With Shopify, you can integrate tons of product sourcing apps that lets you find and import winning products to your store.
- Customer support: It gives you access to community forums, help center, and get in touch via email and chat options.
Pricing and Plans – It offers a 14-day free trial and has three pricing plans and has three major pricing plans as follows –
- The Basic Shopify plan costs $29/month and charges a transaction fee of 2%. It is a suitable platform for beginners.
- The Shopify plan costs $79/month, is suitable for growing stores, and charges a transaction fee of 1%.
- The Advanced Shopify plan costs $299/month, suitable for scaling businesses that require advanced reporting features. With this plan, the transaction fee reduces to 0.5%
3. WooCommerce – Free Platform for Dropshipping site
WooCommerce is a great eCommerce platform for dropshipping as it is open-source and free to use. It’s been the most trustable platform as it’s easy to customize and enhances the eCommerce functionality by letting you install multiple plugins that provide a great customer experience.
Dropshipping with WooCommerce is extremely easy as it offers great flexibility. If you want to start dropshipping with AliExpress, local suppliers or become an Amazon associate, you can quickly begin with the WooCommerce dropshipping plugin.
Feature Highlights –
- Ease of use: As the platform is open-source, you can easily customize it as per your design needs and standards.
- Scalability: It offers great scalability as you can add unlimited products as long as it doesn’t cause your eCommerce site to get slowed.
- Dropshipping: It offers the AliExpress Chrome extension and allows you to set profit margins, send custom emails, packaging slips, and invoices for both customers and suppliers.
- Customer support: It has an excellent range of support teams spread across the globe.
Pricing and Plans – It is completely free to use. You will have to only pay for hosting your WordPress site.
4. Squarespace – Easy Dropshipping eCommerce platform
Being a leader in creating design-oriented websites, Squarespace is a flexible eCommerce platform for dropshipping, allowing merchants to launch a rich and professional store. It offers eye-catchy templates, various selling options, and good payment options to unlock considerable profit rates.
Squarespace also offers different kinds of fulfillment extensions to make your life easier. Remember that even if you connect fulfillment extensions, you need to set up the shipping rates for your products.
Feature Highlights –
- Ease of use: With its well-designed and neat interface, you can build your online store catering to your needs.
- Scalability: Though it can handle a high amount of traffic, sometimes slow loading of pages occurs.
- Dropshipping: It lets you sell custom printed products on-demand, POD dropshipping, etc., and you can also source products via Spocket.
- Customer support: The support options are extensive as they are available 24/7 via email, Twitter, offers live chat support, and offers a detailed knowledge base to solve the issues quickly.
Pricing and Plans – Squarespace offers a 14-day trial and has three pricing plans, which are as follows –
- The Business plan starts at $26/month, is suitable for entry-level merchants, and incurs a transaction fee of 3%.
- The Basic commerce plan starts at $35/month and offers powerful merchandising tools, cart recovery, and eCommerce analytics.
- The Advanced commerce plan starts at $54/month and gives you access to all the stunning features to build an optimized storefront.
Fortunately, both the Basic and the Advanced plans do not incur a transaction fee.
5. Ecwid – Affordable eCommerce platform for dropshipping
If you wish to get started with an easy-to-use eCommerce platform for drop shipping, then Ecwid sounds a good choice. It is a SaaS-based eCommerce platform that lets you easily create an online store and start selling either in-person or online.
You can quickly get started by installing any of the dropshipping apps from its App Market. Ecwid is highly user-friendly, and anybody with minimal to less technical skills can quickly launch their store, and it’s that simple.
Feature Highlights –
- Ease of use: It is beginner-friendly and offers great eCommerce marketing and sales options.
- Scalability: It is suitable for small-sized businesses or beginners, so scalability is limited.
- Dropshipping: It integrates with Alibaba, Syncee, Spocket, Printful, and Wholesale2B.
- Customer support: You can contact Ecwid via email and get an immediate response within 24 hours. It also offers phone support and has a help center that covers in-depth about the platform to get started easily.
Pricing and Plans – It offers a forever-free plan that allows beginners to get started easily. The paid plans are as follows –
- The Venture plan starts at $15/month, letting you sell on other sales channels and advertise on various marketing platforms.
- The Business plan starts at $35/month that offers a mobile responsive shopping cart, product variations, and wholesale pricing groups.
- The Unlimited plan starts at $99/month, allowing you to build your own branded iOS and Android shopping app and access to various POS systems.
Which is the best eCommerce platform for dropshipping?
Now you know the best eCommerce platforms that you can use for dropshipping. Some of them are free, while others have a free plan or offer a free trial.
So, it is time for you to explore the platforms and pick the most suitable ones per your business requirements and budget.
Once you have selected an eCommerce platform for dropshipping, you should check our list of the best dropshipping suppliers to find a suitable supplier for the store.